[Woodworkers] The saddest kind of woodworking, an urn...

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Jan 14 16:51:20 PST 2017

Smitty,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having Shingles problems.

What a beautiful box or urn.

I hope you will get well soon.

Gary Williams

In a message dated 1/14/2017 2:26:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org writes:

Lastly,  on what is a sad note but also a celebratory note here’s a picture
of the urn  I made. When my Mother and Father passed away within a couple
of months of  each other I needed to make a duplex, if you will. So, thinking
outside the  box I made … a box! Seems like most people think of an urn as
a turned  container and I considered doing that but, since there was going
to be 2  residents whose lives were so intertwined for so many years, I
wanted to do  things like dovetail joints and book-matched panels to symbolize
the love and  life the 2 shared. I used cherry and curly maple, my 1 regret is
that I should  have used a darker wood than cherry but with time it’ll
darken. I’m not  offering to make one (see the above shingles reference) but I
wanted to offer  a possible different  approach.