[Woodworkers] Homemade sand blaster and barn wood finish

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Mon Dec 18 10:06:49 PST 2017

Wood:
I do not know if it is chain wide thing but the wood Lowes carries here is the worst crap I have ever seen.  Even their so called "select" stuff is junk.  I do not buy my wood at Lowes.
As a rule HD's lumber is much better.  I assume that they must buy regionally since it is usually from one of the local (Washington & Oregon) mills.  I generally pick the pile for the best I can find.
When I need better wood I head to one of the lumber yards that lets you pick and choose out of their piles.