[Woodworkers] Wooden countertop cleaning

Clint Warren clintonwarren at msn.com
Mon Nov 21 08:26:40 PST 2016

I don't think I know you well enough to confirm or deny your wife's suspicions.

What is the countertop finished with?  I made a walnut countertop for our kitchen island and just used mineral oil.  It has a sink in it and the area around it has held up well with just periodic reapplications of oil.  May not be an option if the rest of the countertop is varnished.

Not sure if wood bleach to remove stains and then refinishing would be an option that would work.  What is you had a custom piece of stainless steel formed up for the area behind the sink?  I'm assuming this is where the faucet comes up (not sure UK does things same as here). If so the faucet would hold it down and it could look like a natural place to place a wet sponge/scrubber.

clint