[Woodworkers] Wooden countertop cleaning

Brian Johnson serversage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 07:30:44 PST 2016

Hey Folks -

My wife and I recently moved into a flat that has a few issues, and the
landlord has tasked me to "see what I can do".

The flat (apartment for you fellow yanks) has a wood countertop. Behind
the sink it's pretty clear the previous tenants didn't care and let it
sit with standing water.  It has evidence of some mold, and severe
discoloration. Mr. and Mrs. Landlord asked me if there was anything that
could be done. So I'm asking you.  :) Any suggestions on how to handle it?

Second, how to prevent it from happening again. My wife asked if there
was something we could put back there to prevent it from collecting
water, and she didn't like my idea of cutting up a pool noodle and
caulking it in. She mumbled something about me being an idiot as she
walked away. So I figured I would ask the collective. I'll let you
decide what we are a collective of.

Thanks folks!

-Brian