[Woodworkers] Wood movement in Hand Mirror

Richard Allen rla_buy at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 17:39:00 PST 2016

The wood will move and the mirror will crack.  Over size the hole by at least 1/16".  Better 1/16" all the way around (1/8" oversize).

I have had a "perfect" fit round mirror in a "lollypop" mirror.  The store owner said she heard what sounded like a gun shot.  Turned out it was my "perfect" fit mirror.  The store had the mirror for several months before the "event".

Since I started making over sized holes for the mirrors I haven't had a failure.