[Woodworkers] Still working on possible lathe acquisition

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Mar 19 10:16:00 PDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Clint Warren wrote:

The saw buyer mentioned he may just load up the lathe and bring it when he
> comes for the saw.  I know that with my will power that it will probably
> stay here if he does.  Maybe I have 'sucker for old tools' written all over
> my face.

​I would take doodly squat from him, whether he delivers it or not, unless
he provides pictures and model #'s and describes what comes with the lathe
in the form of tooling (drive centers, tool rests, chisels, etc.)

As I see it at this point you are considering trading a known something for
the proverbial pig in a poke.

Ultimately it is your call but I know 'xactly what I would do.​

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"