[Woodworkers] A really woodworking question

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Thu Jul 21 12:04:05 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 5:02 PM, 2Dave wrote:

> Our office assistant is trying to help her BF fix up his kitchen in an
> older house.  There is a cupboard with an opening that is 24 & 1/8” by 54 &
> 3/4” that she wants to put doors on.  Apparently it had ¾” plywood doors
> that were not even close to being flat and closing properly.
>> She has asked me what my thoughts about a variety of things and all I keep
> seeing is that 54” is one tall cabinet door and I can’t get past that.

​I dunno, but I can say I have hung many a cabinet doors (melamine) a full
3/4" thick 24" wide by 7' high (think pantry cabinets) and used three
European type hinges (Blum Compact 33's) and they are just fine.

Now, ​MDF _may_ be a bit heavier per sq. ft. but if so, not much.

That's all I got to say 'bout that.

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"