[Woodworkers] Tool Prices

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Jul 13 18:04:39 PDT 2016

Chuck,
I am with you. If I have to pay almost new prices, I will buy new and have
the benefit of the warranty.  The endowment  effect (also known as
divestiture  aversion and related to the  mere ownership effect in _social
psychology_ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_psychology) _[1]_
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect#cite_note-:0-1) )  is the hypothesis that
people ascribe more value to things merely because they  own them. So  I try to
look at what is reasonable and go from there. If I think its too much,
I'll either ask the person what their bottom line is or walk away from  it.

Gary  Williams

In a message dated 7/13/2016 5:20:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,