[Woodworkers] Liquid Nails or Titebond III

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Nov 10 17:59:26 PST 2015

*​I saw a carpenter from This Old House use Liquid Nails in combination
with deck screws were used to assemble an outdoor picnic bench.  I have no
personal experience.*

*I plan to build a small arched garden bridge with 2x10 lumber as the
joists. My application is to glue and screw one treated 1x4​ board 10 ft
long on top of a second 1x4 that is being bent over a ten foot arch with a
9.5 inch peak.  I tried out the bend at Home Depot and it will make the
bend.  *

*Once the glue has dried I am hoping that the top 1x4 will help bottom one
hold the arch shape.  The service is to use it as 2x4 edge bumper so that
wheel chairs won't slide off the bridge.  Feedback so far has been to use
either Titebond III or Gorilla glue.  Any advice would be appreciated.*

*Herb Treuil*