[Woodworkers] Liquid Nails or Titebond III

Dave Heitstuman via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Wed Nov 11 11:29:27 PST 2015

The two outdoor projects I used Gorilla Glue on were both done with treated lumber.  Both are well over ten years old maybe longer and other than my lack of keeping any kind of seal coat outside of the original stuff I lathered on they are holding up fine.

With that said both of my projects were on a much smaller scale.

I still think Gorilla glue will work but you will need help.  At least one person maybe two.  The instructions for Gorilla glue recommend that you moisten both sides of what you are gluing with water.  I have found that this helps with the bonding so follow the recommendations.  Make sure everyone wears rubber gloves.  The stuff that oozes out will come off the wood no problem but your hands will have black stuff on them for days.

2Dave