[Woodworkers] Liquid nails or Tite bond III

Richard Allen via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Nov 10 16:13:01 PST 2015

Titebond III would be a bad choice for keeping two bent pieces of wood together.  Titebond III never cures hard which permits joint creep.

I would use epoxy or resorcinol glue.  Those glues are water proof and they cure hard.

Epoxy using a slow hardener would be my first choice.  You would need to work fast.  So plan out the glueing and clamping process to make sure the glue up can be done quickly.  The key to a successful epoxy glue up is to first "wet" both surfaces of the joint with epoxy followed by applying epoxy with a structural filler to one side of the joint.  The epoxied joint is going to be slippery so side slip of the joint should be accounted for in glue up procedure.