[Woodworkers] Toys for Hospitals

Mike DeLong mpdelong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:33:53 PST 2023

[image: Clipboard01.jpg][image: Clipboard01.jpg][image: Clipboard01.jpg]

Dave,
Thanks for the toy pictures. The cement truck is similar to some I have
been making for over 20 years. Mine are cut out of a 2-by-4 and are only
1.5" wide. I make 10 varieties in the same style (Semi-Tanker, Dump
(above), Semi-Flatbed, Semi-Box, Cargo, Cement, Flat-bed Pickup, Pickup,
Coupe, and Roadster. I bought the plans sometime in the 90's from Toys and
Joys <https://toysandjoys.com/>. The airplane above is my design and also
for a 2-by-4. Since you bought the Freaky Fords, I've also included one of
my modified versions of their sedan. I originally made one for a
neighborhood 5-year old whose dad is a mechanic. When I gave it to him he
commented that hot rods didn't use v-6 engines 8-(. I took it back and made
another with 8 exhaust pipes and he was happy. Kids will often surprise you
with what they notice.

I have been buying parts from www.craftparts.com for over 20 years. I have
never found any other place with better prices or a bigger selection.

Toy making can be a slippery slope -- ENJOY

Mike