[Woodworkers] Toys for Hospitals

dopauls at gmail.com dopauls at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:25:19 PST 2023

Thank you Royce.

From: Woodworkers <woodworkers-bounces at lists.sawdusters.org> On Behalf Of Royce Killion via Woodworkers
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 9:57 PM
To: woodworkers at sawdusters.org
Cc: Royce Killion <killion1978 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Woodworkers] Toys for Hospitals

Here are a couple of links that should help. I have also seen a widget that toy pieces can be tested with to see if they are a choking hazard or not.

https://www.compliancegate.com/toy-safety-standards-united-states/

https://www.cpsc.gov/FAQ/Toy-Safety

Royce

On 1/3/2023 10:55 AM, Doug Pauls via Woodworkers wrote:

Good morning all,

Happy New Year.  Our local woodworking guild makes toys for kids at the local hospitals that go home with the child.  They have a number of toys and plans they already have, but I would like to expand the possibilities.  Do any of you know of lists generated by medical personnel or medical institutions on guidelines for such toys?  I would have to assume non-toxic finishes, but other things like no smaller than X (choking hazard), things like that?

--

Doug Pauls

Cedar Rapids, IA

Address to contact the list ADMIN staff -
woodworkers-owner at lists.sawdusters.org <mailto:woodworkers-owner at lists.sawdusters.org>