[Woodworkers] Veneer Question

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 15:26:54 PST 2022

Ron
I have done a little bit of veneer work and it can definitely be tricky.
Do you have a vacuum press? They are almost a must for a quality job.
If you don't have a vacuum press, then the first thing you'll need to do is to figure out how to ensure that you apply equal pressureover the entire surface of the project.
Some veneers need to be slightly damp in order to get rid of the bubbles and rolls.

The Art Deco piece that I made has Lacewood veneer doors and the top has Mahogany veneer border, Holly insert and Bulbinga veneer center.
I veneered the center, then the outer edge. Then I routed the groove for the Holly insert.
Assuming you haven't already watched any, I would watch several YouTube videos.

Good Luck and reach out if you need any help.
Gary Williams