[Woodworkers] Best Lathe

John McCaskill jmccaskill at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 19:12:05 PDT 2022

Top quality large bowl lathes

Oneway 2436 24” swing x 36” centers 30-3050 RPM
Powermatic 3520 B or the more recent C model 20” swing, 16-3000 RPM. VFD
Robust American Beauty standard or long bed 25” swing capacity  x 28” spindle length on standard bed VFD 50 - 3000 RPM
Vicmark VL300 Short bed EVS 10 - 3000rpm, 600mm swing x 550 mm spindle length

I have the American beauty long bed and love it. I’ve turned on a Vickmarc and it’s great as well. I have friends in my turning club who swear by either the Oneway or Powermatic. Stuart Batty is high on the Vicmark.

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?