[Woodworkers] Floor Lathe

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 16:03:12 PST 2022

I had a Harbor Freight Floor Lathe in old shop.. Gave to a friend only because I didnt have any room for it on the trailer. I'm thinking of upgrading.. I enjoy turning but concentrate on WWingLooking at Grizzly or another HF..They look the same except for the price..Any comments???

I've got a Delta 1460 from the late 40's or 50's, with cast iron legs.. These are great spindle lathes.

I buy and sell these all the time. I just sold one to a neighbor with cast iron legs and new bearings for $350.00.. He got a real deal..
You see the cast iron legs on Ebay all the time for $200-$300.
They are considered a 12" lathe but if you take into consideration the height of the tool banjo, you really turn something about 10: in diameter.

They are readily available on Craigslist and Facebook Market place if you are patient.
I have paid as little as $125.00 for one and as much as $400.00.
They are easy to replace the bearings and the bearings are cheap.
I've turned legs, spindles, a two part newel post, bowls and platters on mine.
I can't say enough good things about them.
If you would like to discuss it further, reach out to me on the back channel and I'll give you my cell number.
I hope this helps.
Gary Williams