[Woodworkers] Mahogany

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 06:11:52 PST 2021

Smitty,
I used water based aniline dyes for most all of my staining. The nice thing is that if it's too dark then you can take a wet cloth and lift some of the color off.
I sand everything to 220 then wet it with plain water which re-raises the grain. sand it again then stain. Seal it with shellac or oil based poly.
https://woodworker.com/search.html?search=090.003&searchmode=10

Gary Williams