[Woodworkers] Dust collection question

Douglas Brown douggob at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:52:01 PST 2020

Hi All.

It's been a long time since I posted to this group,and I was sad to hear
about Graham.  I suppose it is like memorial services, to see the postings
about his passing reminded me of all the good people in this group that are
still here.

Anyway.  My shop is located in half of a garage and I am thinking about
improving my dust collection without making any big investments, it is just
a garage after all.  I use a shop vac with one of those barrel cyclone
collectors and hook it up to whatever machine I am using.  I am making a
new fence for my router table which would include a dust collection port.
I was thinking of getting one of those hose splitters and trying to collect
dust from down below the router (which is enclosed) as well as from the
fence.  My knowledge of fluid mechanics is close to nil, so I was wondering
if by trying to collect dust from both ports at the same time would
diminish the suction so that I wouldn't get anything from either.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Doug in LA