[Woodworkers] Any recommendations for a router?

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Tue Dec 22 14:06:31 PST 2020

A few days late as always but I vote for Makita.   We won't go into all the details but I have several, PC 690 routers and a couple of the little 390's.  I have a bigger PC router that came with the tool to raise and lower it when mounted in a table.  Way handy to have.  I then got a couple of Makita routers one is close to the 690 and one is a bit bigger that was a kit with a D-handle, plunge and regular base.  The first time you pull the trigger on the Makita you can tell it is just a solid router.   If I'm not using the table I pick up the Makita first every time.  Now that I don't need all the 690's I really should peddle a few of them.