[Woodworkers] What happened to...?

Dave Howerton davehowerton at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 08:29:45 PST 2019

 I believe that was Bosch. Their system used the air bag devices to lower the blade below the table, but did not stop the blade. It seemed like a pretty good system in that the air bag device was two-sided ( meaning one device could be used twice by simply reversing it) and it didn't ruin a blade when it activated.
As expected, Sawstop sued claiming patent infringement and a judicial order was handed down to cease all Bosch sales until the case was decided. I haven't heard of any resolution yet. And with SS being bought by Festool, their legal pockets got a lot deeper...

It's too bad. I had high hopes for a SS competitor, and this one was pretty impressive - and less expensive...
Big Dave