[Woodworkers] A question?

jaspertops at bluemarble.net jaspertops at bluemarble.net
Thu Feb 21 16:04:46 PST 2019

Sometimes it won't make a difference.  I actually had a board that was
kiln dried and was perfectly straight and flat.  As I was ripping it
roughly down the middle, I was able to watch each piece begin to twist and
warp toward each other on the other side of the blade.  There was still
internal tension in that otherwise perfectly straight and flat board.

Vince Granacher

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:34:19 -0500, Dominic Palazzola via Woodworkers
<woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org> wrote:
> Hey fellasGary was this air dried or kiln dried?
>
> Thanks;DomSent from my iPhone
> On Feb 20, 2019, at 1:12 PM, Gary C Williams via Woodworkers  wrote:
>
> Tom Even with a splitter, if the board has enough internal tension, it
> can close up after passing the splitter. I had this happen last week and
> it actually cause the Sawstop to shut down.
>   I Like Royce said it can be quite unnerving when it happens.
>   Gary Williams

>>> TomL