[Woodworkers] Stupid question # 347

Roy Shrove rshrove at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:54:56 PDT 2018

Pretty much my experience coincides with Royce's If you are only trimming a
small amount for size the bottoms usually have 2-4 inches of solid wood to
allow adjustment of height and the sides not usually more than is needed to
install Doorknobs, etc. I have also used the 2 by filler approach even on
hollow core doors to reinforce the strength of the bottoms and or kob areas
and occasionally even the top. Lotsa glue and clamps and they are stronger
than new.

Roy