[Woodworkers] Magna table saw L

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Mon Sep 25 19:06:24 PDT 2017

Interesting.  I had never heard of Magna, so I took off down the rabbit hole with Mr Google. It certainly appears that Magna was the forerunner of Shopsmith.  The saw dates back to the 50's and it looks like there were multiple sizes.  A 10", 9" and an 8".  According to this little tidbit I found it appears that the arbor comes off.  Then the blade is removed from the arbor.  The selling point was a quick change blade.  Various blades mounted on different arbors.

Scroll down and there is a description on the lower right.
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewtopic.php?t=16075

Cc: emeyers4 at rochester.rr.com
Subject: [Woodworkers] Magna table saw L

Anybody have a 8 inch Magna table saw?  As you know Magna was the one who brought out Shopsmith

 I ve changed a lot a table saw blades but never seen anything like this

 One side of the blade has  a smooth washer with nowhere to grip a wrench

 The other side has twin flats on the shaft for a wrench and a huge nut up against the blade  I have tried the obvious and put wrenches on both without luck .

 Afraid to apply any more force for fear of saw shaft destruction .

 Any ideas ?

 Have applied WD 40 to try loossen things up

 Thank you
 Ed Meyers
 Penfield NY