[Woodworkers] Protecting wood

Clint Warren via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Feb 25 10:06:26 PST 2017

I had no idea what a sauerkraut pounder looked like so I bing-ed it. Seems like it is basically a club. Which is probably why you could use pretty much any wood and it would last a long time with a bit of care.

On our walnut island I just doused it with mineral oil until it stopped soaking in.  Granted it doesn't have the moisture contact your pounder will, but I think that would work. A man addicted to sauerkraut would probably want to have more than one pounder on hand anyway.