[Woodworkers] pricing help

Rick Allen via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sun Sep 27 12:21:42 PDT 2015

Yes $70 - $90 for the both complete job.  You want to charge a fair price.  If you become accomplished at turning these sort of items you will likely get them done at a $75/hr rate.

I prefer to negotiate a price before I start.  That way everyone knows what they are getting into.  I will usually offer an hourly rate but they never choose that.  Sometimes they try to get it at a lower price.  Some people think everything is negotiable.  I am personally offended by that.  Like they think I am trying to cheat them.  By giving them a price with some sort of logic behind it I come back with, "if you would like to simplify the design we can reduce the price accordingly". They never want to do that.  But they understand that they are being given a thought out price.