[Woodworkers] pricing help

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Sep 26 18:17:20 PDT 2015

I need some help in figuring out how to price a job.

A guy I met on Craigslist.... Wait that doesn't sound right. A  guy who had
a lathe for sale on Craigslist, that I wound up buying, wanted  a two part
column base turned. He supplied the two octagon shaped 1 3/4" Cyprus  bases
and the profiles for what he wanted. The small one finished out  at 13 /4"
at the largest diameter and the large one  finished out at 15 1/2" at the
largest diameter....

I'm not but so proficient at turning, so it took me longer than I thought
it should.

Attached are a couple of pictures.

So help me out here, how much should I charge???

Did I mention that he has also become a friend over the  last year?

Thanks

Gary Williams