[Woodworkers] Picnic Table Software

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Oct 20 18:12:00 PDT 2015

Some time ago I checked in to get advice on making a bullet proof picnic
table.  I was directed to available software to design your own.  My Boy
Scouts love it.  It provides enough detail that they can measure, cut and
assemble a table with a 10 inch chop saw and minimal support.

I will have to confess that we doubled the number of bolts and standardized
on 2x6 legs and seat supports to better distribute the load when they are
dropped off the truck.

To date we have built 3 tables and have the 4th awaiting a break in the
kid's academic schedule.

Thank you,

Herb Treuil

*Herb Treuil*