[Woodworkers] Cordless Drills

Ben Reese via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Fri Nov 27 14:53:17 PST 2015

Went with the lithium ion batteries when I bought my Ridgid drill.  I had
the battery warranty problem but bought a new battery since that was
cheaper than buying a new drill outfit.  I need 2 drills so my other drill
is a lithium ion Milwaukee.  Since then I have bought a recipricating saw
and impact driver so pretty much have a Milwaukee set on 18v.  Like both
drills but the Milwaukee seems a little better balanced.  Some of my
friends have gone the cheaper drill route, calling it a throwaway saying
that it is cheaper to go that route than buy the expensive and replace the
batteries.  Not sure about that way of thinking......they could be right,
but for me the higher priced tools are working for me and other than the
batteries, seem to hold up much better.