[Woodworkers] A real project

Royce Killion via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Nov 3 11:21:33 PST 2015

That is the coolest shuffleboard table I have ever seen.....all kidding
aside...very nice and should serve several generations.

Royce

curious...what kind of bird problem did you have?  You should have talked
to Joe....I hear people are always trying to give
him the bird....har  I kill myself.

On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 11:27:52 -0600, Dave Heitstuman via Woodworkers
<woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org> wrote:

> If you will recall over the course of the spring and summer I made
> mention of another table we were building.  I may have even >tossed in
> some construction photos.  We finally finished it the end of August.
> This time we had some issues with the Urethane that I >think were
> possibly directly related to the stain we used.  If we do this again I
> think as soon as the wood is selected we will >immediately start making
> samples and experimenting with the final finish.  In the end the owner
> was extremely pleased so that is all >that matters.
>

>> To bring you up to date the finished size was 47” by 118” or just under
>> 4 foot by 10 foot.  It is just a fuzz under 3” thick.  We also >did 2
>> benches for one side, they are roughly 4 feet long and 2 feet wide.
>
> It was delivered the labor day weekend to “the cabin”.
> The pictures are self explanatory, the table is in its final home.
>
> More pictures of the build etc can be found here
> https://picasaweb.google.com/justdavesshop/9TheTableProjects
>
> I still haven’t captioned the photos, so this table starts just after
> the picture of the bench for the first table sitting in the kitchen.
>
> I spent almost one whole weekend putting the shop back together after
> getting that beast out of there.  Since then I have been busy >with home
> projects, solving a bird problem and getting things ready for winter.
> I’ve got a couple of little projects in the shop I am >putzing with and
> it looks like the semi-big project of the year is adding a loft to the
> future SIL’s pole building.  This was a bit fun to >engineer.  He did
> not want a post to hold up the one corner, so I looked into supporting
> it off of the trusses.  My neighbor has a >buddy that has built pole
> buildings for years so I talked to Jack and found out the right way to
> do it.  It is probably slightly overbuilt >but it is rock solid and
> although I don’t know that we should have an elephant dance on it I
> suspect we could have a small barn >dance J
>
> 2Dave
>
> "professional putzer"
>
> The shop:  http://picasaweb.google.com/justdavesshop

> Please be respectful when forwarding email.
>
> Think before you send.
> Before forwarding, remove ALL prior e-addresses, including mine
>
> For added security for all recipients use Bcc: instead of To: or Cc:

---