[Woodworkers] Sun Protection for Redwood

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sun Jun 28 11:55:14 PDT 2015

The best protection for treated wood products is a pigmented oil stain.
Home Depot just started selling "Ready Seal".  It is easy to apply and
comes in shades.  I chose a redwood stain for my deck.  It can be applied
with a brush, roller, sprayer or pump garden sprayer.  Drips soak in and it
is self leveling.  Because it is oil based moisture in the wood does not
bubble the coating off in hot weather.  It lasts a couple years is
affordable and can be reapplied without sanding.  I would recommend power
washing the project prior to staining.

*Herb Treuil*