[Woodworkers] Mother-in-law project

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Tue Jul 14 15:09:07 PDT 2015

2Dave

I made it from scratch. The paneled base is made from treated pine and  the
rest of the column is made from 2x yellow pine and the arm support is  made
from Baltic birch plywood. I ripped down some 2x8 YP, and then ran it
through the jointer to flatten it, then planned it down to 1".

I designed it so that it just slips over a standard 4x4 treated post
anchor it with a few 5/16" coated self drilling screws and  voila a whole new
look.

I need to research some other materials. I check on 5/4" x 8" PVC and  that
would cost $110.00 just for two 18' long pieces.  I would  like to start
offering these, but need to figure out how to make them so I  can make more
than $2.00 per hour!!

Gary Williams

In a message dated 7/14/2015 3:01:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,