[Woodworkers] Grex nailers?

Royce Killion via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Fri Aug 28 08:30:55 PDT 2015

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:19:12 -0500, Joe Johns via Woodworkers
<woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org> wrote:

> Anyone here have any firsthand knowledge on the Grex brand of nailers.
> Specifically, quality in terms of comparison to other brands and pricing?

Nope....what's the matter?  Mall all outa nailers?

No really, what flavor were you looking for?  Everything I have seen and
read about the Grex line is that everyone likes them a lot. I also think
that they are at the high end of the pricing spectrum.  A while back I was
looking for a pin nailer and would have liked the Grex but they were a bit
expensive. I ended up with the house brand at Menards and the thing hasn't
missed a beat, but I am not using all day, everyday. It has come in handy
for a lot of stuff and I use it quit often, and hasn't failed or jammed
yet.

I have a Porter Cable pin nailer, a Milwaukee pin nailer and narrow crown
stapler, and when we were doing some heavier stuff I bought a Freeman set
with a construction nailer and finish nailer, and those have all worked
fine.

I think the Grex line of air tool is kinda like the Festool brand of power
tools...they work great but you pay a premium for them.

I don't know if any of this helped or if it was just me rambling......

Royce

> --Joe,
> The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"
> Visit the Twisted Knot Woodshop - http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com

---