[Woodworkers] Grex nailers?

Brian Johnson via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Fri Aug 28 07:36:32 PDT 2015

Hey Joe -

Me me me! Kind of...Sort of...for a few days...

Admittedly, my first hand knowledge is through my father, though I did
use it.  Many a year ago (7-8 years ago maybe?) my old man purchased one
of their smaller (maybe 18 gauge?) pneumatic nailers while my uncle was
doing some work on his trailer (yup, you read that right - trailer). No
idea what model or anything, but it was a nice nailer. I remember the
handle being comfortable to hold, and that it shot nails like a champ.
We did some quarter round and some crown on the kitchen cabinets (in a
trailer, yup), and it didn't leave nary a mark other than the tiny hole
of the nail. It was a big improvement over his harbor freight nailer.

Granted, this was like ... years ago. And it was only for a few days.
And I'm sure my dad hasn't touched it since. And I now use *gag*
craftsman nailers in my now nonexistent shop...

Maybe you should just disregard this, I'm clearly an unreliable source
with low standards from a white trash family that lives in trailers out
in the woods.

-Brian