[Woodworkers] Dirty Wood

Ron Odum rodum233 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:18:42 PDT 2022

The stack of red oak I bought awhile back has a large number of boards that
are dirty from a sandy soil.. I've brushed, vacuumed and blew off with
compressed air.. A time consuming task..What's the group thoughts getting
the boards clean?  I've considered pressure washing..Dont know what that
would do to moisture content.. 13.6% now.. Or.. Bushing & Vacuuming..
THEN..using my old planer blades, run them through. I believe this may
remove the crud and I can always resurface with the new blades when I use
them.. Hairbrained idea???
I'm open to ideas and suggestions.