[Woodworkers] Contractor TS Dust Control (Ron Odum)

Jeff Mizener jmizener at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:45:36 PST 2022

THis is a topic about which I would love to have a conversation.  I
have a mid-60s (?) Delta contractor's saw that spews dust like crazy.
No room for a proper dust collector (yet) so I' sorta stuck with a big
shop vac to try and minimize the dust.  I like the idea of a two-piece
cover for the open back of the saw that secure with magnets (of which
I have many) but that doesn't help if you tilt the blade.  That said,
I don't tilt the blade all that often so a 90% solution is better than
a 0% solution.  A friend of mine made a very complicated box that
enclosed the entire motor and allow it to tilt.  I keep going back to
the pictures I took of it and not really getting much past wondering
how I could integrate that into my setup.
If anyone has cracked the contractor saw dust collection nut, I'd love
to see how you did it.
And yes, I have not posted in an eternity.  I was really glad when the
list revived recently.

As a point of order, if we send pictures, they get stored and linked, right?

Cheers,

--Jeff
Euless, TX