[Woodworkers] Bandsaw Blades

Richard Allen rla_buy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 17:10:35 PST 2022

Sharpening a 3TPI or 4TPI bandsaw blade is fairly simple and quick.  If you have done a lot of scroll work or cut a lot of bowl blanks then the “set” on the teeth would need to be renewed I find that is more involved than I care to deal with.  Sharpening involves using a fiber cutoff wheel in a drimel or flex shaft.  Just spark the flat top of each tooth.  First the right side teeth then the left side teeth.  Doing one side at a time makes getting the angle consistent easier.  No point in grinding the gullet as a light grinding on the top, flat side of each tooth will result in sharp teeth.  Oh yea, you use the side of the little cutoff wheel.