[Woodworkers] Delta/Rockwell Overarm Router

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 10:40:55 PDT 2022

I don't how many of you have seen one of these, but they come around every so often.
Rockwell made these I think in the early 70's for a few years. There are two models. A 115 volt and a 230 volt.
They were advertised then as a router/shaper. The router head can be removed from the overhead arm and mounted under the tableto be used as either a router or a shaper. One of the accessories that was available, was a 1/2" router shaft that would accept shaper bits.
One of the great features is that there is a foot pedal which moves the table up and down, so it can actually be used as a mortising machine.Another great feature is the router head can rotate on the arm for either angle shaping or angle mortising.
I bought it a couple of years ago and it has been sitting in the corner waiting for me to rehab it.

I tore it completely apart, removed all the rust, primed everything with a red oxide primer, and paintedit with two coats of Sherwin Williams industrial oil based paint, colored matched to the inside of one of the small panels.
I am now in the process of putting it back together and have a question.
There are six internal pivot points and I am wondering what is the best way to lubricate them without attracting sawdust?You can see in the second picture, four of the pivot points.
I cleaned all the pins and waxed them with a high quality carnauba car wax.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks as always
Gary Williams