[Woodworkers] Remembering Joe

Brian Johnson serversage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 11:26:56 PDT 2021

The last videos Joe posted on his YouTube channel were "An Urn For An
Angel", which was him building an urn for the baby of one of my best
friends, Scott. I was living abroad at the time so I didn't have a shop,
and when I asked Joe if he would build the urn, he was hesitant, but
ended up taking it on. He was a total class act from start to finish. I
put him in touch with my friends, and even in asking if they minded him
making a YouTube video he was nothing but kind.

When I told them of Joe's passing a few months later they cried. They
didn't know Joe. They didn't have a relationship beyond the urn with
Joe. But he had touched them in that way that only Joe could.

I never met him in person, but I spent a fair amount of time talking to
him on the phone and via email. We sent swag back and forth. I helped
him find an old British military buddy. Every interaction looking back
still makes me smile. The guy was just a good person. A great person.

-Brian