[Woodworkers] lastest project

gcw804 at aol.com gcw804 at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 10:42:20 PST 2020

Steve,
My wife sketched it out on 1/4" graph paper and I just went from there.  I made dovetail drawers and added the panel drawer fronts after the drawers were installed.  Inset drawers are a pain. If I was doing it again, I would make a temporary drawer that is 2/3 to 3/4 the length of the regular drawers, install the cabinet drawer runner, fastening just the front screw leaving the rest out. Then I would insert the temporary drawer and clamp a board across the face of it and the face frame, thereby aligning everything. At that point I would then install the back screws in the drawer runners. That would really reduce the time it took me to align the drawer fronts with the face frame.
We learn something everytime we build something! lol
Gary Williams