[Woodworkers] Any recommendations for a router?

Clint Warren clintonwarren at msn.com
Fri Dec 18 20:23:00 PST 2020

Hello all.

Ten years or so ago I bought a Porter Cable 7518 (I think) router.  It wasn’t top of the line, but they weren’t giving it away either. Worked well in a table, 1/2”, variable speed adjustment. I was pleased with it.  Then it failed after not that much use. Later learned it was a defective control board which apparently P-C didn’t make available or not for very long. Life happened and I haven’t done much routering for a long time.

I am now in the market for a new router.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Clint