[Woodworkers] Miter Saw Capacity at 45

Chuck Steger chuck.steger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:00:57 PDT 2019

Sid,

   Thanks. Yeah my PM66 will only crosscut 3” (seems like it should be more). I have my dad’s RAS (circa 1950 or 1960) and I use it for rough cuts (precise crosscuts on TS sled). I always said when the RAS dies, I’ll get a miter saw. Now 60-70 years later, darn thing is still running! I’ve been researching miter saws and the DeWalt DWS780 (12”) keeps popping up as top saw. Is yours the slider? I’m wondering if saws that come up over the top (vs sliders) have a greater depth capacity?

   I’m thinking I may have to buy a miter saw.

Chuck