[Woodworkers] grainless thin wood?

Chuck Steger chuck.steger at gmail.com
Wed May 15 19:32:56 PDT 2019

Tom,
   This is probably stating the obvious but can you resaw to that thickness?
If the stock you have are the ones with the grain issue, you could get oak,
birch, or ash at a big box store that is at least 5" wide. I would prefer a
lumber yard over a big box store - is that an option? And then worse come to
worse, you can order online. If you are concerned with ordering only a small
amount of wood (like from  Steve Wall Lumber), Woodcraft or Rockler should
have what you need and you can order small quantities.
https://www.woodcraft.com/categories/dimensional-lumber

  If resawing is the issue, maybe a crafts store like Hobby Lobby might have
what you need.

Chuck

burns