[Woodworkers] A question?

Royce Killion killion1978 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:08:47 PST 2019

The both serve the same purpose of not letting a piece of wood that has
not been seasoned correctly

or a board that has a lot on internal stress close on the backside of
the blade which can be quite unnerving.

The will also keep cutoffs from wiggling over into the backside of the
blade and whizzing by your head at

the speed of sound or worse.

I think the main difference is that a splitter is stationary where a
riving knife

will follow the blade as you raise and lower it.  Also a splitter will
often be higher

that the blade and will have to be removed for any kind of grooving cut
where a riving

knife follows the blade and can be left on.

Royce