[Woodworkers] Automated Table Saw Fence

Brian Johnson serversage at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:07:22 PDT 2018

Hey Allen -

It automatically zeros. It slides left until it makes contact with the
blade, which causes the fence to ground. That's 0, and all measurements
are done from there. I think they show that in one of the images on the
kickstarter page.

They say that the locking power is "100 pounds of holding torque". I'm
thinking you're right that it's using the stepper motor. My initial
thought after seeing the huge cable coming out of the far side of the
fence was an electro-magnet. But, that would be like driving a nail with
a wrecking ball.

-Brian