[Woodworkers] Why didn't somebody tell me?

Dave Heitstuman DaveH at sphcontrols.com
Sat Aug 25 09:06:07 PDT 2018

In Tommy's last season most of it was dedicated to the building of a new shop.  In the last episode he was talking about doing his own thing which seemed very odd.  Rumor on at least one of the woodworking forms was that he had made some behind the scenes arrangement for the new tools in his new shop (all European style tools shown in the last episode).  Then a link was posted to a video he had done that he was going to be doing a podcast on what he wanted to do.  I went to the link and it was kind of a bizarre rambling about wanting to present things in a different manor.  A week or so later somebody posted a link to another video where he had posted a bizarre rant about being screwed by the producers and that he had been fired from the show.  The video was taken down within maybe 30 days and there is no reference to it to be found.
As for the new show, I suspect that the production company was very careful about the name before they started filming.
Ironically Tommy drove me nuts with has A D D tendencies.  On the flip side the new guy is so quiet and methodical (slow) I find myself helping him speed up in my head.  I like him but like others have said he is not Norm.  There were times with Norm that I thought some of his projects should have been 2 episodes.  T-Mac could almost do two projects in one episodes, and the new guy definitely should be 2 episodes per project.