[Woodworkers] Another funeral type box

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Thu Jun 15 07:34:06 PDT 2017

May 3rd, a year ago, a friend of mine died.  Roger was also a friend with
all the regular folks in our IRC chat room.

Quite a few of the regulars met Roger in real life...by "met" I mean
standing in his company.  Some of the list members here have actually
worked with and along side of him.

All of these folks are members of this list.

Karen came up with the idea of making a treasure box to send to the family
and in it would be items these people made and then sent to the family.

I would be the one making the box containing all the treasures so I'm only
showing my end of it.  If the others involved in this wish to post pics of
their treasures then I'll leave it up to them.

The box itself is Honduran mahogany and is stained.  The top/lid is not
stained b'cuz I wanted it to be natural and disassociated with the box-
 think of life being over death sorta thing?

The lid is a slip over, meaning no hinges, nothing fancy...just slides over
the box.  The pattern in the lid is the constellation Orion; the different
diameters represent the varying sizes of the stars themselves.  For
instance, Rigel, Orion's right foot is almost as large as Betelgeuse.
Bellatrix (directly above Orion's Belt) is sized as well.

​

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"