[Woodworkers] Bridge City Tool Works

Joe Johns via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Fri Jan 27 13:09:59 PST 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:37 AM, 2Dave wrote:

For those of you that know about these guys well you know.

​Yeah, I know.  I have quite a few of their tools.

> The tools are beautifully made, and yes not cheap.

​Yes, very much so to both.

> Seriously?????  Is there really that much demand for people to make their
> own chopsticks?

​Well, I suppose if you were a china-man living in china​ and you had lotsa
bamboo around it'd be cheaper to make yer own dinnerware.  I dunno what
chopsticks cost in china but I'm fairly sure every sensible china-man has
his own chopstick jig.  Then again, no one ever said all chopsticks had to
be round or square so just cleave them outta a hunk of wood or whatever you
got on hand.

But, I will say this, I would like to meet the person who gets a $195.00
BCTW chopstick maker for that would make him The Most Interesting Man In
The World.

--
Joe,
The Twisted Knot Woodshop, "There's never been a classier joint"