[Woodworkers] Composite roof replacement

via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sun Jan 22 10:39:02 PST 2017

Steve,
I would agree with most of what Joe said, with the exception of not talking to your insurance agent.  I had a number of friends in the area who got a significant discount on home insurance when a new roof went on, and an even better deal if steel shingles were used.  We get a fair amount of hail in Iowa and those steel shingles hold up pretty well to that.  You might also see if your local utility gives you a break on a new roof at that usually helps reduce home heating costs.

Doug Pauls (CedarDoug)