[Woodworkers] Composite Roof

Herb Treuil via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Jan 21 18:50:42 PST 2017

I agree with checking with your insurance company and then doing a complete
replacement.  I would also ask the insurance company what type of roofing
material would qualify for an insurance discount.  Certain composite grades
rate discounts.  Down south ridge vents are now a standard part of a new
roof.  They provide passive venting of the attic.

Roofing material manufacturers offer roofing systems including shingle
grade, underlayment, nail pattern per shingle, starter shingles and felt
weight.  Using the complete system by a certified roofer provides a longer
warranty by the roofing manufacturer (not just the roofer or store) and a
discount by the insurance company.

*Herb Treuil*