[Woodworkers] Composite roof replacement

Steve Bigelow via Woodworkers woodworkers at lists.sawdusters.org
Sat Jan 21 18:28:00 PST 2017

Thanks, Dave,

I'll check with insurance. Good idea. It is partially weather related, but
also, the roofing material is in bad shape, and it's the older crappy
architectural shingles, probably from Home Depot.

I just noticed it leaking onto the porch when the snow started melting. I
suspect that the bit of moss on the roof allowed ice in, which allowed
parts of the roof the lift up. Then the snow came in and pushed it up
further. The leaking has stopped for the most part, but when I went up into
the attic, large areas of the sheathing were wet.

If I were to tear off, I wonder how feasible it be to do a partial tear-off
/ replace / tear off more cycle? I suspect I'm looking at $7k-1$10k to get
it replaced if I don't do it myself. Not that I really want to do it
myself, but the roof is a fairly simple ranch style roof. One long hip
where it meets the garage. Ugh. I don't even want to think about it.

Regards,
-Steve
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com
http://pen-blanks.us